Monday, January 18, 2010

In Through the Out Door: There Has to Be a Better Way to Manage Airport Security Breaches

This is getting out of control. For the second time in the past few weeks, a chuckle head walking through the wrong door has cleared an airport terminal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about security. Being in the line of work I am, I understand the difficulties of keeping America safe.

My simple point here: I think legit terrorists know that if you set off an alarm on a secured door, or walk in the wrong way at a terminal, all hell is going to break loose.

There is nothing sneaky about doing either of those things, and the chances of a successful terror attack just went out the window if you're stupid enough to do them.

There has to be a better way to mitigate "security breaches" every time an idiot wants one last kiss before his old lady flies off.

How about if TSA puts security cameras on those "no, no" access points and does a quick search of the video footage when a breach occurs? Certainly there must be a technology that can assist with this. At a minimum, put a human being at these access points to help make it more idiot proof.

I know it's not that easy, but all I'm saying is let's get creative. The alternative is to keep jerking everyone through a knothole.

Don't forget to sign up for Random Thoughts updates via email or RSS in the right margin.

Related Random Thoughts

No comments: